Bay and bow windows add distinction, character and space to a home. At Lytham Windows, we provide a wide range of bay and bow windows across Blackpool and the Fylde Coast. An extremely popular choice for homeowners, bay and bow windows add aesthetic appeal and function. Our professionals are able to supply and install windows or convert existing window openings to a multi-sectioned bay or bow window. All construction is completed by our skilled and experienced team.
What’s the difference between bay windows and bow windows?
Both great options for adding space and character to your home, there are some differences between bay windows and bow windows.
- Bay windows tend to suit modern homes, with angular lines and flat planes, while bow windows suit traditional and Victorian style homes
- Bay windows add floor space to the interior, as the windows protrude out into the exterior space
- A bow window structure is curved while a bay window consists of a picture window with two windows on either side
- Both windows allow light to fill the interior
Stone bay windows
Stone bay windows consist of brick or stone pillars between window sections, usually rested on top of a range of stone cills. At Lytham Windows, our professionals are able to manufacture bespoke UPVC frames to slot into existing stone bays perfectly. We’re also able to convert your existing window opening to a new stone bay according to your specifications, with all construction and work completed by our in-house team of building specialists.
What are the benefits?
Bay and bow windows are a great addition to homes of all sizes and styles. Benefits include:
- Extra square footage added to your home
- Versatile interior uses (shelving, daybeds, reading nooks, storage etc)
- Add light to your space with panoramic glass that draws sun from different directions
- Add ventilation to your space with opening and closing windows